Thursday, October 2, 2008

Could he really be twelve?

I am a little late posting that Isaac had a birthday and turn twelve. I really can't believe that he is twelve already. It seems like just last week that he was a toddler. It seems so unfair that kids grow up so fast.
Isaac is such a great kid and he makes me so proud. He is very self motivated and a hard worker. He is thoughtful and kind to others. He is smart and does so well in school.
I started thinking about the fact that he only has 7 years until he will be going on a mission. I feel like I am falling short a lot of times in preparing him for this. I definitly need to start being more proactive in helping him to prepare. The first 12 years flew by, I know the next 7 will go even faster.
A Parrish family tradition is to get your first 22 when you turn 12. Chad wasn't about to change that. I was a little nervous about him having a gun, but he is a very responsible kid.
Isaac invited a bunch of his friends to Grandpa and Grandma Parrish's to have play games and roast hot dogs and marshmellows. They all had a great time.



My boy is growing up. Nothing I can do about it. I sure do love seeing him turn into a young man.



0 comments: