Sunday, October 19, 2008

LPN Graduation

On Friday was my graduation from the LPN program. I was so excited to graduate but it is only the half way mark for me as I am still working for my RN. It was a great celebration none the less. The graduation was held at Thanksgiving Point. I didn't get to sit and enjoy the graduation as much as I would have liked to because I was asked to speak. As much as I know it was an honor to represent my class it still made the day a little bit more stressful. I talked about how nursing school among many other things is only temporary but that we will always be nursing students because our learning won't end at graduation.
I was so glad to have Chad and the kids there to support me (minus Isaac who was doing a service project at an indian reservation in southern utah). They have all had to make so many sacrifices for me to be able to go to school. It was also a privilage to be able to stand and publicly thank them.
I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband not to mention a great tutor. He has helped me so much while I have been in school. Hopefully they can all hang on for just two more semesters.

11 comments:

Jill said...

HATS OFF TO YOU MER! I am so proud of you! Jealous too in all honesty. You have done a great job. I wish I could have come and heard your speech, you are gifted in this area so I am sure it was humorous, encouraging, and honorable. I am proud of you!

Kim-the-girl said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and so awesome that you only have 2 semester to go til your done!

New Lewis Happenings said...

Congratulations, Merrie!!! That is awesome and quite an accomplishment with 5 kiddos!! Way to go!

Becky said...

I'm so jealous!!Miss you!

Petronella said...

Congratulations! You are amazing!

Raquel said...

What an accomplishment. Way to go!

Pebley Family said...

Congratulations! You will be a great nurse!

katie and co. said...

Merrie! Congratulations! How exciting for you. Almost as exciting as it is to find that you are friends with Tina and Kevin Lewis! She is my friend here in AZ from Book Club and I love her dearly. I just wanted to say hello. It was so fun get acquainted with you at the AFG Reunion Retreat. Take care!
Katie Hughes

Amy said...

Merrie, I am so dang proud of you girl, very very cool. I love that you have done this and that you have done this with 5 kids, wow you are truly amazing. Good luck with boards, they are a killer, but you will do great. Love your guts.

The Browning Family said...

Good for you! Nursing school is a hard road. Good Luck with your last 2 semesters.

The Batty Bunch said...

Okay Merrie how am I not shocked at them asking you to speak, you have always been a great leader, truth be told I always envied you for that in high school. CONGRATS!! I am so proud of you, a true accomplishment to survive nursing school let alone nursing school and mother of 5 kiddos.