Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Isaac's 6th grade dance

On February 13th Isaac had his first dance!  Just in the last few months he has really started to notice that girls actually exist!  I over hear he and his friends talking about who they like.  It's hard to believe that he is old enough to get into that kind of stuff already.  
The school did a great job with the dance and all of the kids dance almost every song.  They actually taught them real dances too!  Isaac learned the cha-cha, the waltz, and the two-step.  I had to catch a picture of all the boys sitting on stage.  After every dance the DJ would announce what the next dance was and if it was girls choice or boys choice.  If it was a girls choice all of the boys would hurry over to the steps and sit and wait for a girl to come and ask them to dance.  The girls would to the same thing.  It was hilarious!

I think this is just a glimpse of what we have to look forward to in the next few years.  

Whether I like it or not, Isaac is growing up and not my little boy anymore. As hard as it is to see him grow up I am looking forward to what lies ahead. I am proud of him and that he is such a kind, respectful, considerate "young" man.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Merrie, did your life just flash before you to when he is in high school? He looks absolutely handsome as ever! What a little stud muffin. Okay, when are we going out for your birthday? I will call Kristen.

New Lewis Happenings said...

It's hard to believe that Tanner and Isaac were little toddlers together. They are growing up WAY too fast!! He's one handsome young man...I bet the girls are already calling!! ;)

Pebley Family said...

Isaac is so cute! I wish I had a daughter his age who could date him.

Travis and Heather said...

pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. He is so cute too...sorry...that is going to be pretty intense for you:)! Girls calling at every hour.