Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lafer the Terror!

He looks innocent enough. Those eyes are so sweet and his smile warms your heart but my little Lafer is a terror! He can find trouble where there is no trouble to be found. I can't turn my back on him for long without finding a trail of disaster behind him.
Today he was especially naughty.

First, I found Lafer, who I thought was watching Sesame Street, with this mess of batting. We have had these couches since Isaac was Lafe's age and none of the kids have ever discovered that there is a zipper on the underside of the cushions and if you unzip it there is a whole bunch of batting that you can pull out and throw everywhere. Not to mention the pile of laundry in the background that was folded until Lafer found it. Next we move on to his latest masterpiece. This one is only one of probably a dozen that are in various places around the house including the coffee table, my bedspread, the headboard, a picture above the bed, the fridge, his body, my text books, etc. Most exciting is that he seems to love the sharpie markers and chooses to do most of his artwork with them.

He was very proud of this one. Then last but not least he pulled a bar stool over to the microwave, opened it, saw my cell phone sitting on top, and decided to put the phone in. I don't know quite how he new how to start it but he did. Then he opened the door and said, "DONE!" It wasn't in there very long, no explosions or anything, but my phone is no longer functioning, and I am pretty sure the insides are melted because of the smell. I really wish I would have bought the insurance now.
As much trouble as that kid is, I just look at him and I can't be mad at him. And after five kids I can relax a little bit more and not stress so much over his acts of terror.

1 comments:

Cali said...

I LOVE that you commented that you don't get upset with him--I need to mellow out a bit. But does it really take 5 kids to get to that point? My kids need a calmer mom NOW!

He's really cute! I've noticed that Olivia colors on the walls a lot more than Collin ever did, and I'm sure it's because I'm a lot busier now than I was when I just had one.

I love Lafe's dancing! That cracks me up!